Wednesday, May 06, 2009

What’s it about riding the MRT that gets up my nose? I’ve been utterly serene on trains abroad, but let me spend two minutes on the MRT and my unhappiness rises like a perfectly baked sponge cake. People may not know this, but I really am a very nice person. You probably wouldn’t recognize me when I’m overseas. It’s just that in Singapore, I turn into this unreasonable troll from hell. I just know my blood pressure always rises when I take the train.

The other day, I was rushing for a train and I was stuck behind a group of girls. They had spread themselves out, down four escalator steps, in an impregnable barrier of designer bags, swaying hips and attitude. I tried saying ‘Excuse me’, but they were chattering at the top of their voices, oblivious to everything else around them. Someone needs to get them banned from the MRT. Those bitches, there isn’t a staircase in this world steep enough for me to push down people like that.

Everyone knows how competitive i can be. I don’t subscribe to lines such as ‘It’s not all about winning’ or ‘what counts is the effort’. Whoever came up with stuff like that probably lost. To me, second place simply means first loser. I hate myself for not studying harder this semester. I know I could have done much better if I had put in more hours. Was it a wrong decision to focus less on academics in year 2 so that I could do more elsewhere?

On a positive note, I am going on student exchange next January! I’ll be studying in the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, UK. Have wanted to go to the UK since time began and now I get to stay there for 5 whole months! Just hope swine flu doesn’t get too serious there.

Gonna be quite busy over the holidays. I don’t know when I will update again. Most likely after May 22, when results are released.