First, let me get something off my chest. No, I’m not talking about a bra. That would be wrong, very wrong. Read on.
Things that have been bothering me the past few weeks:
1. Fruits at gourmet supermarkets with immodest sounding names like Golden Delicious Apples or Sweet Juicy Oranges. Where do they get off naming stuff that? That's a little shameless, isn't it? What if I called myself "Incredibly Attractive Justin"?
2. The way the NUS dental assistant tried to book my next appointment six months in advance. "How's 11.45 a.m. on 5th November?" I
wanted to say, "Nope, that's no good. I'll be getting my hair cut at 11.26 a.m that day."
3. GSS Sales ads that annually brag, "Stock Clearance! Everything MUST go!”. I never like to buy clothes from such stores, because it obviously means there must be something wrong with their business fundamentals. How does the store manager get away by constantly over-ordering supplies? I don't want to buy from a company that allows this degree of incompetence.
4. When I'm paying for bread at 7-11 and the cashier says, "$2.10. Got 10 cents?" I want to say, "No, I'm sorry. Let me find a cash register somewhere so I can get change and I'll be right back."
OR, if I tell them I don't have the exact change, they say "No problem." I
want to say, "I never thought there was a problem. You're the cashier, this is a cash register. Making change is your job. I didn't expect a problem."
This holiday is not slack for me. I have so many things going on I didn't even realise 3 weeks have passed since my last paper. Exam results have been released and all i will say is they are good enough for me to be pleasantly surprised. My next entry will be sometime in late june/early july. Till then, this is Incredibly Attractive Justin, out.

<< Home